Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bike work stand

  In between the fifty other projects I have going on right now I decided to make something for one of my other obsessions......A bicycle work stand. I saw this idea on a bike site that I belong to called Rat Rod Bikes(http://www.ratrodbikes.com/) This site is all about classic, custom, handmade, etc...bicycles. This idea came from someone who needed a cheap bike work stand to work on his bikes and this is what he came up with. I changed the design a little bit to make it stronger for my needs.

  It is made completely from 2x4's which I screwed together and came out with this........... Pardon the mess, like I said its been very busy in the shop.



The bike in the stand is a 59' J.C. Higgins that i am restoring.



The stand also comes apart so it can stand along the wall to save space, which as you can see space in my shop is limited.



Enjoy and stay tuned for whats next.

No comments:

Post a Comment